- Arizona State University, Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law, Tempe, AZ (J.D., cum laude, 2004)
- Arizona State University, W. P. Carey School of Business, Tempe, AZ (M.B.A., 2003)
- University of Nevada Las Vegas, Las Vegas, NV (B.S., Finance/Business Administration, 1999)
- State of Arizona
Professional Memberships & Activities
- State Bar Certified Family Law Specialist
- State Bar of Arizona
- Maricopa County Bar Association
Publications & Presentations
- Jurimetrics case note in law school
- Bankruptcy Issues in Family Law Cases; May 2009 Family Law News, published by the State Bar of Arizona
- The Effect of Bankruptcy Proceedings in Family Law Cases; June, 2009 Family Law Section Newsletter, published by the Maricopa County Bar Association
- “When Federal Bankruptcy Law Collides With Your Arizona Family Law Case” published in the December 2009 Family Law Newsletter of the State Bar of Arizona
- Published author of Your Arizona Divorce Book
Douglas C. Gardner is a Native of Northeastern Arizona, and a fourth generation Arizonan.
Prior to law school, Douglas worked for several years for Bechtel Corporation, one of America’s largest privately held corporations, as an accounting manager.
Douglas attended law school and earned his M.B.A. simultaneously. During law school, Douglas clerked for the Honorable Randy Haines of the United States Bankruptcy Court in the District of Arizona. Douglas also participated in the Arizona State Law Journal as a staff writer and then an articles editor. At the same time, Douglas also participated in Jurimetrics: The Journal of Law, Science, and Technology as Associate Editor and then as Senior Editor, where he was recognized as the “Outstanding Associate Editor” and published his case note.
Douglas and his wife, Karleen, are the parents of three very active boys.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who pays attorney fees for my divorce case?
What are the differences between settlement and litigation in my divorce case?
How long will it take to finalize my divorce case?
What are the differences between divorce, annulment and legal separation?
What does the court consider during a divorce case?
- What Is (And What Isn’t) Child Abuse
- DIVORCED? NOW WHAT?
- Dealing With Your “Ex” Over The Holidays
- In-Laws and Alcohol: Why Divorce Rates Speed Up After the Holidays
- SURROUNDING YOURSELF WITH A WINNING TEAM: That Madlock or Perry Mason Moment In Your Arizona Divorce Case
- Comparing Brexit (England’s Exit from the European Union) to an Arizona Divorce
- Arizona Divorce Lawyer Discusses Severance of Parental Rights
- The Marital Home In Divorce Cases
- Arizona Divorce Lawyer Discusses Governor Ducey’s New Public Shaming Of Dead Beat Child Support Payors
- Arizona Divorces And The Ashley Madison Data Breach
- What To Do If CPS Wants To Take Your Children?
- Arizona Divorce: What You Should Do If a Divorce Is Coming
- Why Prenuptial Agreements?
- Attorney Douglas Gardner receives Board of Legal Specialization for Family Law
- Child Support
- Legal Decision Making And How The Court Will Likely Rule
- Same Sex Marriages and Same Sex Divorces In Arizona
- Move Away and Relocation Cases
- Divorce, Annulment, or Legal Separation?
- The Use and Misuse of Orders of Protections
- Should I Change My Name?
- Divorce Overview: The Issues
- Debts and Credit Reports in Arizona Divorce Cases
- Custody Evaluations In Complex Arizona Divorce Cases
- Grandparent Rights and Third Party Rights
- Parenting Time Issues During Holidays
- Arizona Divorce Lawyer Discusses Resolution of Divorce By Agreements
- Modification of Parenting Time Orders
- Social Security Benefits After Divorce
- Weathering Divorce
- Child Protective Services and Parental Rights Termination Issues
- Arizona Divorcee Lawyer Discusses Preparing For Trial
- Phoenix Divorce Lawyer Discusses What to Do When You Are Not Pleased With The Court’s Orders at the End of Trial
- Arizona Divorce Attorney Discusses Temporary Orders
- Child Support Issues After Divorce From An Arizona Divorce Lawyer
- Rules, Exceptions to Rules, and Exceptions to Exceptions in Arizona Divorce Statutes and Case Law
- Finding The Right Attorney; Finding An Appropriately Balanced Attorney
- Arizona Divorce Lawyer Says Goodbye to Custody