Yes. Because ending a marriage is a serious step with many legal and personal results, the Superior Court in many counties has trained family counselors and mediators available to assist couples in discussing marital problems and disputes involving children, without involving attorneys and judges. These Conciliation Services can be requested before someone files a divorce case or even after the case is started. Contact the Superior Court in your county for more information.