When : Tuesday February 26
Where: Davis Miles Tempe Office
80 E. Rio Salado Parkway, Suite 401
Tempe, AZ 85281
Who: Everyone! Our complimentary seminars are open to the public.
Presented by: Immigration Attorney Elizabeth Chatham and Attorney Lori Curtis
Are You in Compliance? What Business Owners and Employers Should Know about the Legal Arizona Workers Act and Immigration Reform and Control Act
- Once you hire an employee, do you know what steps you need to take to verify the employee can legally work in the US?
- Do you know how to use the E-Verify system?
- Do you make sure all new-hires fill out an I-9 form?
- Do you even know what an I-9 form is and whether it applies to you?
- Do you have internal policies and procedures to make sure you are compliant with the state and federal rules in making sure your employees are legally able to work in the US?
- Do you know how to verify someone can legally work in the US without violating anti-discrimination laws?
Most employers are unaware of both state and federal rules they are required to follow to make sure their employees are legally able to work in the United States. Failure to follow these rules can create serious liability for employers and can result in heavy fines, loss of your business license, and even criminal penalties. Come learn the basics of key state and federal rules employers must follow avoid liability.