Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law (Juris Doctor, 1991)
Arizona State University (BA English Literature, 1988 )
- State Bar of Arizona (1991)
- U.S. District Court, District of Arizona (1996)
- U.S. 9th Circuit Court of Appeals (2000)
Professional Memberships & Activities
- State Bar of Arizona
- American Heart Association Ambassador Board
- Phoenix Jr League Community Ambassador
Criminal Trial Practice
Former Deputy County Attorney, Deputy Legal Defender, and Criminal Justice Act Defense Panel member.
Notable Civil Litigation
Prior Director of the Homeowner Advocacy Unit/Project at the Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law. Trained law students in trial practice and civil litigation using active cases.
Argued before the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals.
- United States v. Villa Senor Lopez, C.A. No. 00-10010, October 31, 2000
- United States v. Henderson, C.A. No. 00-10168, January 12, 2001(243 F.3d 1168)
- United States v. Long, C.A. No. 01-10084, March 14, 2002
Completed 40 hour mediation training sponsored by the Office of the Arizona Attorney General Civil Litigation Division/Civil Rights Section.
Law School Government Service
Legal intern for Senator John McCain in Washington D.C. In addition, worked for the International Trade Commission, Office of the General Counsel.
Monique enjoys spending time with her family and is an active member of her church. She is an advocate and spokesperson for the American Heart Association’s Go Red for Women healthy heart campaign.