- Business & Commercial Transactions
- Business Entities, Corporations, LLCs
- Business Law
- Emerging Business / Start-ups
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Real Estate
- Wills, Trust & Estates, Estate Planning
- University of Utah, S.J. Quinney College of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2009)
- Recipient of CALI, Leary Scholar and Outstanding Achievement Awards
- Text and Citations Editor, Journal of Law & Family Studies (2008-2009)
- University of Utah (B.S. English, cum laude, 2006).
- State and Federal Courts of Utah
Professional Memberships & Activities
- Utah State Bar
- Business Law Section (past chair)
- Real Property Section
- Volunteer board member, Hearts Knit Together (www.heartsknittogether.org)
- Brent has extensive experience in commercial real estate transactions (including leasing, sales, purchases, and financing), general business organization and transactions, private company mergers and acquisitions, and general contract drafting, review and negotiation in a variety of areas. He is also experienced in estate planning, and previously practiced in business and real estate related litigation as well.
- Brent was born in Salt Lake City, raised in the New York Metropolitan Area, and later returned to Utah where he completed his undergraduate and graduate degrees, got married, started his own family, and bought a horse. Outside of the office he enjoys his family, church, community, horsemanship, the mountains, fly-fishing, photography and various combinations of all those things.
Publications and Presentations
- Utah Business Law for Entrepreneurs and Managers (co-managing editor, publication forthcoming)
- “How to Negotiate a Commercial Lease” (Utah Division of Real Estate Certified Real Estate Continuing Education Course)
- How Much Do You Need to Know About Yourself? Why Utah Should Start Letting More Adult Adoptees Decide, 10 J. Law & Fam. Stud. 421 (2008)
- A Day Late & A Dollar Short: Should Utah’s Unmarried Dads Get One More Chance to Claim Their Newborns? 10 J. Law & Fam. Stud. 249 (2007)