There are many others, but here are suggestions to avoid the most common mistakes we see made after someone has sustained a serious injury due to the fault of another person:
1) Don’t put off the medical treatment you need. You do not want to compromise your health.
2) Don’t feel in a rush to resolve the claim. Settling too soon can leave you without the funds you need to compensate your full losses.
3) Don’t accept the insurance company evaluation of what your compensation should be. You need your own evaluation.
4) Don’t think the process will be easy because fault was clear. Fair compensation is usually the battle ground, not fault.
5) Don’t “hide” anything, even if you think it may be bad for your claim. Nothing can be more damaging to a case than not being completely honest.
6) Don’t avoid hiring an attorney to avoid paying for legal services. It will cost you even more than the attorney would have.
For further information, questions, or help, please contact the author, Attorney Kevin Fine, at Davis Miles (480-733-6800).
One Response to “6 Ways to Avoid the Most Serious Injury Claim Mistakes”
This is my husband, Victor Chamberlin’s email address. He fell March 17, 2015 at 16540 S. Cordes Lakes Dr, Cordes Lakes,, AZ 86333, a small park.. He broke his femur bone, from his knee to his hip there.. They took him by ambulance to John C Lincoln Deer Valley (now called Honor Health) , 19829 N. 27th Avenue, Phoenix, AZ on March 17, 2015. He was there from March 17,2015 to March 23, 2015. He was taken by ambulance to Sante, a rehab facility at 14775 West Yorkshire Dr, Surprise, AZ 85374. He was there from March 23, 2015 to April 6, 2015. He never got better. By ambulance again, he ended up at Del Webb Memorial Hospital, 14502 W Meeker Blvd, Sun City West, AZ from April 6, 2015 to April 8, 2015. He passed away there on April 8, 2015. He should not have left John C Lincoln Hospital Deer Valley, he never got better…he got worse. Jim Miller, 928-710-5307 and Ron Wells 928-632-4882 were with him at the park when he fell. My cell phone # is 602-206-6578 or land line 928-632-4224. Do you think I have a case to either sue the Cordes Lakes Community Association, 16357 S Cordes Lakes Drive, Cordes Lakes, AZ 86333 or John C Lincoln Deer Valley Hospital because he never got better? My email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send correspondence to that email address. Thanks.